Sunday, July 20, 2014

Quilters Without Borders

That sounds like a very altruistic undertaking.  Running about, around the world, curing people of their bad moods with brightly colored patchwork.  Let's try again for an appropriate header...

Quilts With Lots of Borders


Back to that beauty, the Aviatrix Medallion quilt.  After that center medallion, everything on this quilt is a border.  You gotta love these borders!

When last we spoke, or I guess I showed a picture, border 1 was attached.  That's the multi-gray HST border.  I've been busy.  I pulled out all the cut pieces for border 2 from their well marked baggie.  (Once again, feeling very clever for sorting the pieces and marking them!)  This was a pile of pretty.
Sewed all those strippies together, and border 2 was born.




The fun continues with border 3.  For some reason, I loved making these blocks.
It's all fun and games, until you realize you did something like this:
Oops.  Rippity-do-dah.  You know, it takes a big person to admit their mistakes.
So when I ended up with a giant pile of x/+ squares, time for a celebration.

The celebration got totally out of hand when the border was actually attached to the quilt.


Every step I take, every border I make, I like this project more and more.  Even my husband, unimpressed with his first view of the pattern, now believes this is the most awesome quilt he's seen.  He's a little slow, but I love him anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I just think it would be groovy if you tell me your thoughts on this.